Have you booked an experience with us and you don’t know what to do if the cable car is closed? Or what to do if you need to cancel your booking for any reason, or to change the date of your booking?
Here in this post, we’re going to answer all queries on the subject of booking amendments and cancellations; this is something we receive calls about every day, so we know how much confusion it causes.
The very first thing we should mention is that in virtually every case, the first step to cancelling or amending your booking is to go to our “manage your booking” page; then, enter your booking reference number and the email address which you used when making your booking.
So now we’re going to look at all the possible scenarios:
#1 What happens if the cable car closes?
The weather on Mount Teide is highly unpredictable, and the cable car does require regular maintenance work, so there is a possibility that on the day and at the time of your booking, the cable car might not be available. So what options do you have?
If you have purchased a ticket for the cable car only, you can:
- Change the date/time: your ticket is valid for a year from the date you purchased it. You will therefore be able to use it on a new date and at a new time of your choosing. The booking amendment is completely free of charge.
- Request a refund: we will refund you the full cost of the ticket in the event that you cannot use it within a year of the date of your initial booking.
- If you have tickets for the Cable Car at Sunset and the cable car is closed, you can change the date or request a refund, but you cannot change the time of your booking, because the experience can only take place at sunset.
If you have purchased a ticket for an experience other than those mentioned above (and the cable car is closed due to adverse weather conditions or technical problems), we will ensure that you don’t miss your Teide experience—all our activities have a Plan B in place so that you can still enjoy the National Park even if the cable car is not operational. In cases such as this, you will receive a refund of the amount charged for the cable car.
If you want more detailed information about our Plan B alternatives and the refunds that apply, you can read the information either on your purchase voucher or here.
#2 If I want to change the date of my activity or cancel it for any reason, what options do I have?
There are few activities to beat a Mount Teide adventure, but if you do decide to postpone yours or to cancel it for whatever reason, please note the information below:
Let’s begin with cable car tickets. In other words, if you have purchased a ticket for ascent and descent by cable car (or a one-way ticket only), and you want to change the date or cancel the booking:
- Changing the date: you have a month from the date of your initial booking to choose a new date, but it is essential that the new date is within the next 365 days. In other words, you have a month during which you can choose a new date, which must fall within the next year. You can change your date up to a maximum of three times without charge.
- Cancelling: if you want to cancel your cable car ticket, you will be charged an administration fee of €6 per person for ascent and descent bookings, or €3 per person for one-way bookings. Remember: if a cancellation is due to the closure of the cable car, you will not be charged for it.
What if I want to change the date of my experience, or simply cancel it?
- Changing: just like your cable car ticket, you will have a month in which to decide your new date, which must however be within the next 365 days. You have the right to change up to three times at no charge. You can make the change up until 3.00pm on the day before your activity; after that you will be charged a fee of €6 per person, with certain exceptions which we explain below.
If your experience involves an overnight stay at the Altavista Mountain Refuge and you need to change the date, you can do so up until 7 days before your scheduled stay for another night at the same tariff at no extra charge. You can only do this by either telephoning +34 922 010 440 or by sending an email to email@example.com.
- Cancelling: If you cancel before 3.00pm on the day before your activity, you will receive a full refund. Cancellations made after that time will incur a charge of €6 per person—with the exception of the Sunset & Stars excursion (where the charge will be €15/person for the activity without dinner, and €45/person for the activity with dinner).
For Ascent to the Peak and VIP Ascent to the Peak, please bear in mind that we cannot amend or cancel your date once it has been booked, because of the way the National Park Permits system operates. Likewise, overnight stays at the Altavista Refuge cannot be cancelled, although dates can be changed, as explained above.
#3 How to request changes or cancellations, and how to claim a refund?
Let us remind you: almost ALL changes to your booking can be made from the “manage your booking” web page, except for overnight stays at the Altavista Refuge (in respect of which amendments can only be made via a telephone call or an email).
In those cases where your payment is to be refunded, we will action the refund between 5 and 10 days from the time of cancellation or amendment, by the same method you used to purchase your tickets.
#4 If I have made the booking from another website, what should I do?
If you have purchased our tickets or experiences from another company and you want to amend or cancel your booking, you will need to contact the company directly.
#5 What happens if I arrive late?
If you have only booked a cable car ticket, you can make the necessary amendment on the “manage your booking web page. There will be no charge for making the change, and the terms and conditions will be the same as if you had decided to change your booking date or time (30 days to choose a new date within the next 365 days).
If you arrive late for an experience, the booking will be deemed to have been cancelled. In this case, you will incur the associated cancellation charges (which we have explained above), so the amount of your refund will depend on which experience you have booked.
Does that make everything clear? If so, go ahead!
If we have answered your query, and you wish to amend or cancel something, find your booking reference number and your email address, and log in directly from here: