Have you booked an experience with us and you don’t know what to do if the cable car is closed? Or what to do if you need to cancel your booking for any reason, or to change the date of your booking?
Here in this post, we’re going to answer all queries on the subject of booking amendments and cancellations; this is something we receive calls about every day, so we know how much confusion it causes.
FREE CHANGES AND CANCELLATIONS
You may temporarily request a refund or change the date without any additional cost up to one hour before your cable car ticket booking, and up to 24 hours in advance for all other activities on Teide, except for Sunset & Stars, which only has free cancellation up to 48 hours in advance.
The very first thing we should mention is that in virtually every case, the first step to cancelling or amending your booking is to go to our “manage your booking” page; then, enter your booking reference number and the email address which you used when making your booking.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- What happens if the cable car closes?
- If I want to change the date of my activity or cancel it for any reason, what options do I have?
- How to request changes or cancellations, and how to claim a refund?
- If I have made the booking from another website, what should I do?
- What happens if I arrive late?
- Does that make everything clear? If so, go ahead!
So now we’re going to look at all the possible scenarios:
What happens if the cable car closes?
The weather on Mount Teide is highly unpredictable, and the cable car does require regular maintenance work, so there is a possibility that on the day and at the time of your booking, the cable car might not be available. So what options do you have?
If you have purchased a ticket for the cable car only, you can:
- Change the date/time: your ticket is valid for a year from the date you purchased it. You will therefore be able to use it on a new date and at a new time of your choosing. The booking amendment is completely free of charge.
- Request a refund: we will refund you the full cost of the ticket in the event that you cannot use it within a year of the date of your initial booking.
- If you have tickets for the Cable Car at Sunset and the cable car is closed, you can change the date or request a refund, but you cannot change the time of your booking, because the experience can only take place at sunset.
If you have purchased a ticket for an experience other than those mentioned above (and the cable car is closed due to adverse weather conditions or technical problems), we will ensure that you don’t miss your Teide experience—all our activities have a Plan B in place so that you can still enjoy the National Park even if the cable car is not operational. In cases such as this, you will receive a refund of the amount charged for the cable car.
If you want more detailed information about our Plan B alternatives and the refunds that apply, you can read the information either on your purchase voucher or here.
If I want to change the date of my activity or cancel it for any reason, what options do I have?
There are few activities to beat a Mount Teide adventure, but if you do decide to postpone yours or to cancel it for whatever reason, please note the information below:
Let’s begin with cable car tickets. In other words, if you have purchased a ticket for ascent and descent by cable car (or a one-way ticket only), and you want to change the date or cancel the booking:
- Changing the date: you have one month from your initial booking date to one hour before your booked ticket time to choose a new date; the new date must be within the following 365 days. You can change the date up to a maximum of three times. In these circumstances, changing the date will be charged at €6 per person for return tickets (ascent and descent) and €3 per person for one-way only tickets. If changes are made less than one hour in advance, the full amount of the original booking will be retained.
- Cancelling: if you decide to cancel the cable car ticket you can do so up to one hour in advance. The cancellation cost will be €6 for return tickets (ascent and descent), and €3 for one-way tickets. If changes are made less than one hour in advance, the full amount of the original booking will be retained. Remember: if a cancellation is due to the closure of the cable car, you will not be charged for it.
What if I want to change the date of my experience, or simply cancel it?
- Changing: just like your cable car ticket, you will have a month in which to decide your new date, which must however be within the next 365 days. You have the right to change up to three times at no charge. You can make the change up to 24 hours before the start of the activity. After this period, 100% of the amount will be charged.
- Cancelling: if you cancel up to 24 hours before the start of the activity, you will receive a full refund. Cancellations made after that time will incur a charge of 100% of the amount—with the exception of the Sunset & Stars excursion, which we explain below:
For Ascent to the Peak by Cable Car and VIP Ascent to the Peak by Cable Car, please bear in mind that we cannot amend or cancel your date once it has been booked, because of the way the National Park Permits system operates.
For the ‘Sunset & Stars’ activity, date changes or cancellations can be made free of charge up to 48 hours prior to the activity. After this period, the cancellation carries a charge of 50% of the amount. If the cancellation takes place with less than 24 hours’ notice, 100% of the amount will be charged.
How to request changes or cancellations, and how to claim a refund?
Let us remind you: almost ALL changes to your booking can be made from the “manage your booking” web page.
In those cases where your payment is to be refunded, we will action the refund between 5 and 10 days from the time of cancellation or amendment, by the same method you used to purchase your tickets.
If I have made the booking from another website, what should I do?
If you have purchased our tickets or experiences from another company and you want to amend or cancel your booking, you will need to contact the company directly.
What happens if I arrive late?
If you arrive late to your cable car booking, you will lose the right to board, it will be considered a cancellation and the full amount of the ticket price will be retained.
If you arrive late for an experience, the booking will be deemed to have been cancelled. In this case, you will incur the associated cancellation charges (which we have explained above), so the amount of your refund will depend on which experience you have booked.
Does that make everything clear? If so, go ahead!
If we have answered your query, and you wish to amend or cancel something, find your booking reference number and your email address, and log in directly from here: